Oliver + S

Sew Alongs

Gallery Tunic + Dress Sew Along

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • LINK
    Jessamy @jessamyb

Thank you for all the tips tricks and advice in this sew along! I posted my second Tunic, and I was able to make an even better fitting version with all of your help!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jessamy.
    LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for participating, @jessamyb! It’s really fun to see what everyone is doing with the pattern.

LINK
    Addie @lotuspeachblog

I finally got my tunic finished and photographed for the link party/giveaway. I am very happy with how it came out overall. It’s super comfortable and pretty. I will definitely make this tunic again (but next the dress version). Thanks for the tips and photos!

LINK
    Joanne @bluebirdssinging

Oops. Assumed I had till 11pm central to post pictures. Totally read that as add photos by midnight Friday Eastern time…guess it doesn’t specify that. : (

Oh well! I had fun! : )

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

@bluebirdssinging Joanne, would you please share a link to your creation? Thank you!

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

@bluebirdssinging Joanne, I found it! It’s this one right? http://www.bluebirdssinging.blogspot.com/2016/02/gallery-tunic.html I’ll pass that link onto the panelists as they will now be picking their favorite… Thanks for taking part and yours turned out lovely!

LINK
    Joanne @bluebirdssinging

Thank You! I tried attaching the photo, but I’m 0 for 2 today!

LINK
    Marsha Ratzel @mratzel

I’m just getting started and perking along….I did manage to cut out the front part all wrong, but I just followed the directions backwards. I think it turned out OK even if it isn’t what was designed.

Now I’m at the point where I’m prepping the collar and attaching it. So excited to be doing this.

I’m slow, which is why I’m where I am in the Sew-Along ( naturally it’s finished before I even start), but I’m having fun and learning a ton while I work along.

Thanks for all the tips because I’m sure I’ll need them.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Marsha Ratzel. Reason: picture didn't post
    LINK
    Marsha Ratzel @mratzel

Me too. I tried re-saving the file into a size that fit within the parameters, but it still didn’t post.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi Marsha

The beauty of these sewalongs is that even when they nave finished, you can still sew along.

I’m sorry you had trouble posting a photo. Sometimes like you say the file is too big to be loaded. Do you have a flickr account? Maybe we could see your photo in the group?

LINK
    Marsha Ratzel @mratzel

How do I find the Flickr group? b/c I do have a Flicr account.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

@mratzel Hi Marsha, the flickr group can be found here:- https://www.flickr.com/groups/lieslandco/

LINK
    Marsha Ratzel @mratzel

Thanks for the help. I found the group and uploaded my tunic in progress. I’m at the point where I’m considering how to shorten the sleeves (because I’m so short) and then I’ll be ready to finish it up.
    More to come.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I would measure your arm from shoulder point to the widest part of your upper arm and then measure to the pattern to see if this corresponds and then do the same from the widest part down to the elbow and then again from elbow to wrist. This will give you a good indication of where you are shorter on your arm and where you need to shorten the pattern to fit you. I know there should be a lengthen shorten line but this is a standard thing that most patterns have (unfortunately not everyone includes them) and it is only a guide as to where to alter. However, it may not be the best spot for your arm.

I hope you find this helpful. I am the opposite with long everything so I have to lengthen and I use this method to find the best spot for my body.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.