Oliver + S

Sew Alongs

Gallery Tunic + Dress Sew Along

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • LINK
    Addie @lotuspeachblog

@liesl — Thank you for your reply. I did end up adding the placket, sleeves etc. and it fits just fine as is, yay! It’s really cute and I may even wear it out (even though it’s made out of a vintage sheet!). I just need to hem it and then it will be done. I am really looking forward to cutting out the pattern in my new Japanese double gauze. I think I have time to cut it out tonight! I will post a photo when it’s all finished.

Thanks for the tips on interfacing as well; I have not worked with such a lightweight fabric before. I got some very light interfacing for knits and will use it sparingly. I did not use any interfacing at all in the mock up and it seems fine. I second the idea of doing a blog post about the different types of interfacing available, beyond the standard Pellon.

LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

Thank you for the photo, @liesl! Very helpful! I’ll try this way.

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

Happy Friday! The fifth and final day of the sew-along is now up.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Brittney and Rachel, thank you so much for all your hard work on this!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Thank you for having me Liesl and Rachel! I am excited to see everyone’s finished product.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Sorry, everyone. I’ve just been digging and have found that there is indeed an issue due to a recent software upgrade that is keeping people from uploading attachments in the forums. Poor timing for this bug to emerge, right? I’ve reported the bug, and we’ll get an update for it installed as soon as one is available.

LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

Here we go!
    Trying to catch up!!!

LINK
    Vanähsa @vanaehsa

Only cuffs and hem left to do. I can’t believe I managed to get so far without any problems! This pattern is amazing. My first FBA came out perfect, my first french seams are looking good too. Bit scared of the buttonholes… but the night is long!

LINK
    Stirling @riven921

Hello everyone! Just in to say hi after lurking all week. I just started my Tunic today, inserting the placket is my next step. Not bad for one morning 🙂 I hope to finish it up this weekend.

Thanks for hosting this sewalong! It’s great fun.

LINK
    Liz @blacktabi

I was a little worried about the gauze holding up, but picking carefully and steaming made the gauze good as new. I shortened the darts as much as seemed safe and I think they’re better now.

I got caught up on drawing them in the first time – when I was fitting with the pattern pieces they seemed too short and low, so I re-did them. Clearly I should have trusted my instinct the first time around and left them alone. Now I know for next time!

Now, off to finish my hem so I can update with a finished project. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

So happy to hear that it’s working out for everyone! Holler with any additional questions, and I’m eagerly watching for photos! xo

LINK
    Isabel @isabelg

I’m using the sew-along to make a muslin. I haven’t done any garment sewing for ages, so I need to get warmed up! I’m excited to see if I can this to fit before I try it in linen.

LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

Almost done! Tomorrow I’ll sew the cuffs and the hem. And I’ll share a picture. Or two… I think I like the inside with the neat French seams at least as much as the outside!

LINK
    Kelley @KelleyAnn11

Hi there – Are there published finished measurements for the hip? I have a pretty large range between chest and hip and I can’t tell if I need to grade between sizes.

Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hi Kelley, We haven’t published measurements for the hip, but it would be very easy to determine the width at the spot where you need it by holding the pattern up to your body and finding where your widest part matches the pattern piece. Then measure the pattern pieces at that position, subtracting the 1/2″ seam allowance. My guess will be that you won’t need to add any width–there is quite a bit of ease built into the pattern, and the side seam flares a bit as well. I hope that helps!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.