Oliver + S

Your most-viewed project on Flickr?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Do you ever check your stats on flickr? I check them from time to time just to look for signs of any unusual activity. There’s not usually anything too interesting but I have noticed that one dress that found its way onto Pinterest is viewed almost every day. Not a ton of views each day, at most four or five. But when I clicked on the photo today I saw the total had come to 2,360!

I’m betting that’s chicken feed compared to some of you ladies who are active on Pinterest and on blogs. I do like my most-viewed dress (a Birthday Party with a bright bow) but it’s not at all my best work — stitching so shoddy that it prompted my MIL to begin her comment on it with “Do you know how I know you can’t sew?” (I don’t think she realized how that sounded until it was already spoken.) I think it’s the bright pop of color that’s so eye-catching.

What are your most-viewed projects? Do you think they’re your best work? Why do you think some projects get to be popular and others don’t?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Since my pro account expired, I can’t access my stats anymore (The daily breakdown of views, traffic sources etc) – I can still see basic number stats though.

My most popular pic is actually not sewing related at all – it a photo of a huntsman spider (almost 10000 views – go figure)

My second most popular is one of my Lisette portfolio tunics, followed by a 2+2 skirt, a roller skate and an Icecream dress. I personally love all of these, but there are also some other surprising stats in terms of views – a photo of a ‘sailboat production line’ – two pairs of pants and a skirt, all made of chambray. I loved them, but in photographic terms it’s not a great pic.

In general, many of my most viewed items use bold fabrics – so I guess they catch people’s eye easily 🙂

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Interesting topic. How do you look at stats on Flickr, other than by checking each individual picture? Off the top of my head I think mines a not brilliant picture taken on my husband’s iPhone. I wonder what role the description and title play in increasing traffic too.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I went and checked each picture 🙂
    My top viewed photo is of the casual elsa dress I made early in 2014, 1, 243 views. I think this is also one of the most worn items this year as well!

I was surprised by second place, 1, 020 views. It is another hopscotch dress I made 2 years ago and entered in a Project Run And Play sew along. It’s a pink and brown hopscotch dress with pink ruffles and faux long sleeves under short sleeves. https://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/9448883420/in/set-72157632121792098

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

To see your top-viewed items on Flickr (on a computer – I don’t know if you can view “views” on the mobile app), go to your page. On the right hand side right underneath your “active since” date, there will be 3 white dots (like an ellipsis), mouse over that and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on “popular” and then you can sort your most popular posts by views, ‘favorites’, or comments. 🙂

My most-viewed picture is the Fairy Tale dress I made in Joel Dewberry voile for Ellie for Easter 2014 with 963 views. After that are 3 different pictures of the stash-busting After School Pants I made in linen – 926-961 views. Both the dress and the pants are items I’m fond of, tho neither is my most satisfying or favorite sews of 2014 – those would probably be the Field Trip Cargoes (most satisfying/mountaintop) and the ‘Welcome Home, Daddy’ layette (my most favorite).

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by vothgirl.
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, great tip, @vothgirl ! I bet you will see an interesting uptick in views after appearing on the blog. I’ll be curious to know what the difference is.

@with-love-heidi
    I wonder whether the Project Run & Play entry had something to do with it?

@justmejay
    I know the hunstman spider pic you mention, I can see why it has so many views!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m not sure Sarvi, as I’ve put quite a few things into Project Run and Play and the others don’t seem to be nearly as high. I’m not particulary concerned, just curios 🙂

LINK
    Mel @Mel

Thanks for the tip @vothgirl, that’s very interesting! I’m so bad at technology :).

My most viewed item is a dress made from the Cottage Home tutorial in 2011. I used Anna Maria Horner voile and was terrified that I would ruin such expensive fabric. But both my girls adored that dress and wore it until it was indecently short.

My most popular item is a denim family reunion dress that I loved but my daughter hardly ever wore. I love that pattern.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

This is such an interesting thread, I don’t know what makes items popular. I click if the garment catches my eye or is a particularly good photo.

My most viewed was a set of pirate themed Roller Skate dresses (919) I made for a friend’s Disney Cruise, most favorited was a Field Trip set and hoodie (20) I made for a friend’s kid.

My most viewed on my blog are the Secret Agent Trench I added ruffles to and a Roller Skate for Abby in AMH voile.

I sense a O+S theme here;) I have to say, I am quite proud of all of my ‘most viewed’ items and really took my time on all of them.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Definitely an interesting topic – my most viewed with over 3000 views was a backpack I made from LTTS (which my dog has since eaten…) My second most viewed was a random Ice Cream top – over 2000 views – but certainly nothing special. Kind of weird.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I have a few photos in the 4,000+ views because the image ended up on Flickr Explore. I suppose that’s down to the appeal of the image not the garment.
    My most viewed photo, which like yours Sarvi gets a half dozen looks every day, is currently at 6,058 views. It is a Sailboat top modified into a belted dress. That’s definitely come about due to Pinterest. I’ve stopped following all the leads. Perhaps not surprisingly there are multiples of it which means it’s been downloaded and then reuploaded, so “ownership” of it gets lost…
    The amusing thing is, for all its Pinterest popularity it was a bit of a disaster. It looks much better on the living room rug than it ever did on my daughter!
    Image link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/79480359@N03/7341481822/

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Oh, and yes, I check the Flickr stats cause I find it curious to see what appeals in an image. I’m also amused by the Flickr cognoscenti who feverishly collect images from Explore and “favourite” images with abandon. Sometimes I think it’s just cause I have the same brand of camera….
    One guy has followed me multiple times. I guess that means he must unfollow me, then see some image he likes and start following again as if I’m some new discovery. Like a goldfish with a penchant for photography.
    People are fascinating…..

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My linen Portfolio dress https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/5634149251/ has had a huge amount of hits.

I must post it off to its new home!

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

@vothgirl Now that is a great tip! I didn’t know you could do that. Thanks!

It seems my most view picture is the embroidery detail on the back pocket of my Small Fry Skinny Jeans, which is nice. I was quite proud of myself for managing that! 😉

Small Fry Skinny Jeans

@justmejay
    Everytime someone talks about spiders I have to pull up your photo! I end up doing my best Mick Dundee “that’s not a spider…. THAT’S a spider” We have dogs that big in the UK, it’s frightening!

@lightningmcstitch
    Gah! Explore! I know I am meant to be flattered but my phone alerts go mad whenever something is posted in Explore and it drives me bonkers. (And if David Kracht wants to re-follow me again, then that’s up to him. I hope he likes kids sewing patterns.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.