Oliver + S

Yet another costume!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I thought I was done with costumes for at least another couple of months but it seems that once again the year one teacher is going to do a Fairy Tale re-enactment as her item again this year.

It’s Peter Pan this year and my N is playing the Indain Chief.

As a whip up Indian costume (and because he really needs another pair of pants) I have decided on corduory afterschool pants teamed with the afterschool top that will go over a long sleeved tshirt (because it is still rather chilly). Ottobre design have a variation of an Indian Warbonnet so we’re covered somewhat on that one (although I am sure to make alterations where that is concerned).

What I want to know is would it look Indian chief – ish if I just put a bit of decoration on the front or should I go all out and put fringing there aswell as along the arm seams?

I know it sounds like I’m going all out again!!! But honestly the “all out bit” is the trim and the “quick bit” is the pattern – I am so justifying my actions due to the fact that it includes another much needed pair of pants hehe! (method in the madness there somewhere).

Ok so suggestions? Trim on the front or fringe? Fringe front and arms a bit much?

Remember this is a ghastly brown colour so a bit of decoration is rather necessary it’s just the type that I am stuck on.

Tamara

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I love the sound of the fring on the arm seams, I think it would make it very Indian looking.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

As soon as I saw this post i thought of Amy Sedaris http://www.amysedarisrocks.com/sedaris.htm and the indian outfit on the back cover of her Simple Times book. Defniitely go for fringes.

My son’s just been invited to his first costume party and thanks to this forum I’m now thinking i should make him something! (definitely no time, so I won’t, but I’ll feel bad about it)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh my goodness that costume is amazing! I will have to do something similar but adapt it – the teacher is expecting me to “not go overboard” (what ever that means) yet she is expecting a costume and like every mum of course you will do what ever it takes to make your kid look good for the five minutes he performs his lines in!!

I wanted to go shopping today but still feel whacked over the head from this flu! So have decided to leave the sewing of the costume until next weekend and this will give me time to get trims and what have you when I take the kids for their eye appointments etc.

I got hubby to get heaps of felt squares thinking I could do something with them – I could do something with them but will make that decision once I have all the bits and pieces. The item is for the assembly on the 15th so I have a teensy bit of time but not alot.

You can always improvise …. Noddy costume = sailboat pants and top plus a bandana for the scarf and a really quick hat – just an example! Or he could go as “Harry with his bucket full of dinosaurs”???

I was going through some patterns I had “found” in the not put away pile and discovered this fish costume pattern I’d bought ages ago – can’t remember what for but it is one that I will hang onto because you never know, the story next year could require a fish!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.