Oliver + S

Winter Lullaby

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

A friend has asked for warmer clothes for her baby, like sweatshirt fleece. I’ve cut a top from a waffle knit and am wondering about making the pants from flannel. Any other tips? I have some pinwale cord but it’s so light, I don’t know that it would actually do much in the way of keeping her warm. I thought also of perhaps changing the placket to another, smaller kind of opening, maybe a keyhole with ribbons?

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Maybe cord lined in flannel? Super cozy.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I lined the jacket with flanel when I made it. I’m also thinking of making the Jacket out of cuddle fleece. I think the pants would be great in fleece. you might want to add a ribbing cuff to keep the heat in.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I used a rigid rugby knit for Trixie’s jacket, it is very warm.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m sewing the jacket up in chambray lined with a sherpa fleece similar to this http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/item/3724-Michael-Miller-Organic-Sherpa

I have to say I’ve already made a mistake on it once (too tired, sewed the arms shut…) and it was impossible to unpick, however it looks as though it will be gorgeously toasty.

I love the idea of lining the pants in flannel, that sounds really cosy.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I made the jacket in a thick, soft knit (almost like fleece) and lined it with lightweight wool jersey. It was so comfy looking.
    I also goofed and sewed the body parts into tubes and the sleeves into something else. Thick, soft knits are nightmares to unpick! Pay attention to the instructions!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

These are all such good tips and I would definitely do something like sew the wrong parts together or in the wrong order.

Thank you so much, I will go shopping in my stash!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Sounds like the same mistake I made McStitch!

LINK
    SChude @Constainia

I just finished my first items from the lullaby pattern. everything is in cotton flannel. I added bias tape at the ankles and threaded round elastic inside. The waistband is in the contrast fabric. I have a straight stitch machine, so all pant seams are flat felled. I didn’t have snaps, so I used buttons. Last change was that I edge stitched the sleeve openings.

I’m so thrilled with how it came out! As you can see, she has room to grow.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by SChude.
    Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.