Oliver + S

Winter Lullaby

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Profile photo of SarviSarvi @Sarvi

A friend has asked for warmer clothes for her baby, like sweatshirt fleece. I’ve cut a top from a waffle knit and am wondering about making the pants from flannel. Any other tips? I have some pinwale cord but it’s so light, I don’t know that it would actually do much in the way of keeping her warm. I thought also of perhaps changing the placket to another, smaller kind of opening, maybe a keyhole with ribbons?

LINK
    Profile photo of melelizameleliza @meleliza

Maybe cord lined in flannel? Super cozy.

LINK
    Profile photo of with love Heidiwith love Heidi @with love Heidi

I lined the jacket with flanel when I made it. I’m also thinking of making the Jacket out of cuddle fleece. I think the pants would be great in fleece. you might want to add a ribbing cuff to keep the heat in.

LINK
    Profile photo of NicoleNicole @motherof5

I used a rigid rugby knit for Trixie’s jacket, it is very warm.

LINK
    Profile photo of dubhels2003dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m sewing the jacket up in chambray lined with a sherpa fleece similar to this http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/item/3724-Michael-Miller-Organic-Sherpa

I have to say I’ve already made a mistake on it once (too tired, sewed the arms shut…) and it was impossible to unpick, however it looks as though it will be gorgeously toasty.

I love the idea of lining the pants in flannel, that sounds really cosy.

LINK
    Profile photo of Lightning McStitchLightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I made the jacket in a thick, soft knit (almost like fleece) and lined it with lightweight wool jersey. It was so comfy looking.
    I also goofed and sewed the body parts into tubes and the sleeves into something else. Thick, soft knits are nightmares to unpick! Pay attention to the instructions!

LINK
    Profile photo of SarviSarvi @Sarvi

These are all such good tips and I would definitely do something like sew the wrong parts together or in the wrong order.

Thank you so much, I will go shopping in my stash!

LINK
    Profile photo of dubhels2003dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Sounds like the same mistake I made McStitch!

LINK
    Profile photo of SChudeSChude @Constainia

I just finished my first items from the lullaby pattern. everything is in cotton flannel. I added bias tape at the ankles and threaded round elastic inside. The waistband is in the contrast fabric. I have a straight stitch machine, so all pant seams are flat felled. I didn’t have snaps, so I used buttons. Last change was that I edge stitched the sleeve openings.

I’m so thrilled with how it came out! As you can see, she has room to grow.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of SChude SChude.
    Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2016. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.