Oliver + S

Will this fabric work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Robin @Robin

I picked up some beautiful Robert Kaufman fabric. This is what it is:

Contents: 55% COTTON, 45% SILK

Width: 43” wide

Weight: 2.4 oz. per square yard

Which dress should I use it for? It’s peacock blue, slight sheen, fairly light weight. I might just pet it for a while.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Sounds like a perfect fabric for the Fairy Tale dress.:) Nicole is the queen of silk…she’s done lots of O+S patterns in it!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

How much of the fabric do you have? It would give a fair idea as to what you could use it for depending on the size and how much you have.

As for the dress pattern, the world is literally your oyster on this one. Do you want it as a summer or winter dress?

You could do any dress pattern in silk.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

What age/size?

I could imagine a georgeous Tea Party dress in peacock blue.

Maybe an apple picking dress, Nicole made a lovely one in light blue/turquoise silk, I think.

But I agree with justsewit most og the dresses wouldbe lovley.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Size 7. I bought enough for the Fairy Tale dress. We’re heading into winter. Should I wait for spring?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Blue Silk fairytale dress for Christmas? Sounds lovely.

But you might get more wear in the warmer weather, would be great for Easter.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

OOh, it sounds divine. I agree that it would make a stunning Fairy Tale dress, or Apple Picking, or Seashore, Birthday Party, Bubble — I associate peacock blue more with Autumn than spring, but depending on what trim and buttons you use, really, you could do so many things.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Depending on how cold your winter is and whether you want this dress as a special occasion/ good dress it may pay to leave it until Spring when she could wear it without a jacket covering it up all the time.

Either way it sounds absolutely delightful!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.