Oliver + S

Will the School Bus T-shirt work in fleece?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Kathy Eastwood @kathy.eastwood@gmail.com

I’m trying to make some warm jammies, and would like to use the JoAnn Luxe Fleece for the tops. Will the heavier fabric work? Will it stretch enough? The amount of stretch is not listed.

Thanks for any help.
    Kathy

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I’ve never used that fabric, but I have made the Field Trip Raglan out of a sweatshirt fleece with virtually no stretch, and that worked fine (I’ve made the school bus tee in a heavier, but stretchy, sweater knit, which also worked with no issues).

I find that the Field Trip raglan has a more generous neckline than the school bus tee, so I might recommend trimming 1/4″ from the front and back pieces of the SB tee if you get the fabric and there’s no stretch to it – I’ve trimmed the neckline back by that much with good results for my big-headed son who tended to outgrow shirts neck-first when he was a toddler.

LINK
    Kathy Eastwood @kathy.eastwood@gmail.com

Thank you!!! I do have the Field Trip raglan but haven’t made it yet. I just looked, and it also calls for 25% stretch. And particularly thanks for the neckline tip…my grandchildren also seem to have big heads! I can make this work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.