Oliver + S

Which skirt pattern can I make from cotton flannel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I love all of the new patterns and the new choices for fall and winter fabrics. Which skirt/s from the other Oliver & S patterns can I make in cotton flannel?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Well, I would think most of them could be made in flannel, but it may cling to tights since flannel is lightweight and fuzzy. A quilting cotton interlining might help with that issue. But certainly the Sunday Brunch skirt, the 2 + 2 skirt, the Sailboat Skirt, and the Music Class skirt would all work in flannel.

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Have you considered wool gabardine fabrics? This is a suit fabric that is lightweight, but warm, and has a lovely hand.

Here are some options/descriptions:

http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=gabardine&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I absolutely love the wool fabrics. I saw the wool tweed used to make a skirt, pants and jacket in Liesl’s article on Building a Cohesive Wardrobe. What is the red skirt made from in that article, it looks soft. I am sewing for a 17 month old, so I thought flannel might be softer for her.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.