Oliver + S

Which size to use for the dress?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    jodier @jodier

I would like to make this dress for my 3yr old but as an Aussie all your sizes seem different to ours. Amy is a size 4 (Australian) off-the-shelf and her chest is 23 inches. So can someone assist me with what the actual chest measurements are for each of the sizes? The pattern sheet has 3T=27″ and 4=28″ but these measurements would include some extra since they are for the finnished garmet. Thanks, Jodie.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I had a similar question (here: http://www.oliverands.com/forums/topic.php?id=70)… I was debating between the size 4 and size 5 based on her measurements (chest 22 1/2). I ended up going with the size 5 (finished measurement of 26 inches) and I’m really glad I did – it allowed for more free-moving play and not so constricting. The 4 inches (versus 3 inches) made the difference. I did have to lengthen, however, because I have a string bean. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Keep in mind, also, that we give a measurement chart for the child’s body inside the pattern. That’s usually a better indicator of which size will fit, since some patterns are designed with more ease than others. Compare the chest and height measurements on the chart to your child’s measurements and you’ll get a good idea which size will fit best. Here is the chart on our website:

http://www.oliverands.com/patterns/sizecharts.phtml

LINK
    jodier @jodier

Thanks guys! I didn’t even notice the other chart was different – all these inches look the same to me. I will go with the size 5 and hope to get a whole years wear out of it.

Really I am very impressed with the company you are running here Liesl – you should add a tab to your O+S page for people to write good things.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks so much! I’m glad you like it, and we do appreciate your feedback!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.