Oliver + S

Where to buy good cordaroy?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am wanting to make some cord pants for my boys for teh fall/winter months here but I can’t seem to find any online. Any thoughts where I can find some beautiful cord at? I am wanting the thinker cord too to help keep them warmer on cold days.

~Sharon~

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Hey Sharon, I’ve purchased cord from Fabric.com (ahem, among many other things) lots of times and have always been happy. They are carrying a wider variety now and I think you could find some things for them (and your daughter). If you ever end up near the Gastonia area check out Mary Jo’s. She carries a variety too. Word of caution: that store is huge. Make day plans. šŸ™‚

LINK

I have herd about this place form my kids ass. principal too. I must go there this fall after the kiddos go back to school! I can me and my daughter having lots and lots of fun there. Poor hubby’s pay check. šŸ˜‰

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

haha, my husband rolls his eyes every time I comment that I’m thinking of making the drive out there. It’s pretty dangerous, and it doesn’t help that there’s a new super Target in the same center, great places to very eat close by AND another sewing shop about 3-5 minutes from there! Oh, I forgot to mention, Fabric.com has good prices, and free shipping at $35! It’s hard to pass up sometimes. The downside is that they don’t always carry a complete collection.

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

I guess I’ve had good luck at Fabic.com as well, but their selection of overall corduroy isn’t as good as I thought it would be. I’ve purchsed from fashionfabricsclub.com and denverfabrics.com and have had good success with them as well. I just looked over their selection and it’s HUGE. I hope you find what you’re looking for. I know buying online can be a little unnerving, I actually like to touch the fabric whenever I can, but I live at least over an hour away from the nearest fabric store besides a Walmart or a local shop that charges an arm and a leg. Good luck!

Rebecca

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I just took a look around this afternono and was shocked at how little fabric.com has in stock right now. Hopefully they’re restocking new selections for the upcoming seasons, otherwise, that’s a bit disappointing. I’ve bought from the other shops that you have Rebecca and have been pleased with purchases as well.

LINK

That is the problem I am having is finding some very nice fabric. I told hubby that we are going to have to take a trip next month. šŸ™‚ Maybe I can find some other great find too!

LINK
    Jane @jesims

If I remember correctly, I had gotten an e-mail from Fabric.com about them moving to a new warehouse. I hope that is the reason for the depleted stock. I have gotten corduroy from them in the past and it was very nice.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

OH yes, you’re right!! I’d forgotten about that, and probably that’s the reason for the deluge of “deep discount” emails I’m getting.

LINK

I hope so, they have beautifufl colors in the cord but it’s dry clean only and with the kids that’s not such a good idea. Although there is a very lovely pick cord inthe thinker fabric for sweet pea. šŸ™‚

LINK
    tami @tami

What about Fabric Finders cord? I’ve never personally tried it but the fabrics I have tried from them have been amazing.

http://www.fabricfindersinc.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=10

Or Chez Ami?

http://www.chezami.com/pa/exp.pa?file=knits&pathcode=fabricshop&sessionid=3JR0JL32D07036

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.