Oliver + S

Where to Buy Fabric?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • LINK
    Robin @Robin

http://www.pinkchalkfabrics.com/ has amazing customer service. Kathy and her team are delightful. Kathy is also quick to put her fabric on sale if she feels its not moving out the door fast enough. She said she sells a lot of Amy Butler fabric to Australians. I wonder if its to any forum members? : ) Keep an eye on the sight, I’ve bought Nani Iro and Kokka at 50% off.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Needlewoman, I live in Georgia (as in the country south of Russia, not the state in the U.S.) There is some fabric to be had here but cotton (my preferred fiber) is hard to come by, and prices are generally quite expensive. I’m set for sequins, synthetic velvets and satins, as well as black fabric. When Georgian home sewers aren’t wearing black, they apparently are quite fond of bling.

I will check out PinkChalk. I have since read some reviews of Fashion Fabrics Club and I guess poor customer service has been a problem there for quite some time. No need to mess with that!

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

RTWG, I have ordered several times from Fashion Fabrics Club and only today did I experience the absolute piss poor customer service you mentioned. I placed an order a week ago and it’s still not been shipped out. When I inquired as to status, I was treated to a “cut and paste” response from their website. Ridiculous. I can place an order on Zappos at 8pm and have shoes the next day. And they’re on the opposite side of the country from me.

Oh well, enough ranting. Just wanted to commiserate with you, from one Georgian to another. 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I sent for a parcel from the fat quarter shop the other day and they now have express shipping overseas. Their customer service is very good even if they are a little more expensive and the shipping prices are actually cheaper than Quilthome. I suppose it counterbalances with one place having more on the shipping and less on the products and the other place is opposite. The parcel got here to little ol’ back of the woods farmhouse in five days!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Wow Tamara! That’s amazing shipping time!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Placed an order with Fabric Mart. They have some lovely fabrics and so far, so good on their customer service. I got some stretch corduroy (going to attempt skinny jeans for myself using the Sew Liberated pattern), flannel plaid shirting and double cloth plaid shirting, perhaps for a Traveler tunic.

Sorry you got the rude customer service too, scgoble. I really wanted to make it work with FashionFabricsClub since they have nice stuff for good prices, but I guess it was not a match 😉

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Heidi, it was a choice of paying $6 less for waiting or paying just a little more to have express delivery. I think I got a bargain with postage of just $30 and delivery so fast – ups worldwide express saver was the delivery method. The only thing is they don’t deliver to po boxes, you need a physical address – no sweat, I put the farm address but it turned up at the post office anyway.

It is definitely worth considering this method if the product is required for a specific reason. Mine is for christmas presents that I still haven’t started on.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

The Fabric Stash (http://the-fabric-stash.com/) has a nice selection and really reasonable prices. I have shopped quite a bit from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics on Etsy, too.

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

My fav sites noted for quality of fabrics, prices including shipping prices, and customer service: Chez Ami http://www.chezami.com/ has unbeatable quality fabrics, their knits come in several weights, and in fact every type of fabric I have ordered from them has been excellent quality. BUT they are closing their fabric department so you need to remember to order soon. They have always had nice fabric sales, not sure if they will continue to do this now that they are closing that department.. I also buy from wwwfabric.com, Pink Chalk, http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com., http://www.farmhousefabrics.com, and Martha Pullen when her fabrics are on sale. Her clearance and fabric sales are very good and her quality and service are top drawer. For MP orders I always google for a Martha Pullen coupon and almost always find a free shipping one. I find I actually save money by doing my shopping online since I am not as tempted to buy things I did not intend to purchase, like what happens when I step into JoAnn’s. Also the fabrics I get online are much better quality than what I have found from Joann, the only fab store in our area.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.