Oliver + S

Where exactly to cut back piece on 2+2 to omit buttons….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

Hi all,

I’m getting ready to cut out the 2+2 blouse in CW Park Ramble Knit and just wanted to double and triple check where exactly to cut the back piece.

I think I understood from other posts to fold the pattern piece where the button notches begin. I did that and now I’m second guessing if where I think the notches begin is really were other people are saying they end… if that makes sense.

Did you fold the pattern piece so that the hem notch effectively disappeared (that would be folding on the right edge of the button notches if you’re staring straight at it)?

Or did you fold on the left edge of button notches (closest to the edge of the pattern piece)?

Thanks for answering my rambling question! We’re approaching nap time here and I’m a little distracted. 🙂

Mandy.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

When I did mine (out of a gauze) I folded the back placket extension in on the pattern piece so that it ended up being a straight line. I then placed the back pattern piece on the fabric fold, and cut it out. Hope that helps!

Cindy

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I folded the piece on the second notch, from the edge.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.