Oliver + S

When searching for a knit fabric with at least 25% stretch online…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Lattemama, City Weekend knits (I’m amazed you still have some!) are an interlock, which isn’t fantastic for recovery but would certainly work. They’ll get a little baggy in the knees, yes. If you’re looking for good recovery, jersey is better and jersey with a tiny bit of lycra is best. So maybe save the City Weekend for the tunic or dress instead?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Lotta, I still have some Cw knit too so you aren’t the only one. I found when using it for the hopscotch tops that it stretches out of place. For the tunic or dress it would be rather sweet I should think – I’m reserving mine for that anyway.

I have found success with Girl Charlee knits – jersey is what I prefer to work with anyhow but they have heaps of prints and plains to choose from – not sure on exchange rates and postage to your neck of the woods though… I know it has become more expensive to ship from the U.S to Australia in the last couple of months.

Tamara

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Thank you Liesl!

Tamara, shipping from (and to) the US will be the death of my checking account. I made burp cloths for a friend in the US and they weighed 500 g (1 lbs-ish) and it cost $19!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Hello, I’m wondering if any UK residents have any online shops they can recommend for buying decent plain knits for leggings? I prefer to touch and feel but I can’t buy decent knits where I live, and there’s no chance of going further afield at the mo. I am also after a sweatshirt knit. I’ve bought patterned knit fabrics from various online shops, mostly some of the quilting stores that have a few knits, but I really would just like plain fabric.

Thank you in advance!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I know I mentioned it earlier but I have had huge success from eBay, to the degree I have more then I need.
    I am debating purchasing a 5m for $25 now as I don’t need it straight away but it is such an excellent price for cotton/lycra (and this stuff is wide, 160cm+)

You could set up a search and browse when feeding.
    I would be very happy to send you some links and you could search for similar. One of my sellers will also send samples if you offer a self addressed stamped envelope.

LINK
    kgiff @kgiff

@Nicole, I’d love to know the sellers you’ve found on eBay or search terms to use. I’m overwhelmed when looking both on Easy and eBay.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@kgiff, I will get on to that for you.
    It would be my pleasure.

LINK
    JWo @JWo

@dubhels2003, I have bought quite a bit of fabric from dotsnstripes.co.uk. Nicole, the owner, has a lovely selection of plain and patterned jersey fabrics as well as some sweatshirting. I alsreally like her corduroy fabrics.
    The service is also fantastic!

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by JWo.
    LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Oooh, thank you @JWo, that looks good, there are some lovely colours of cord.

I’m also going to get some samples from https://www.myfabrics.co.uk/cotton-jersey-medium.html

I have no idea what it’s like, but it does at least tell me the fabric composition.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    kgiff @kgiff

@Nicole, thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.