Oliver + S

What size of trousers to make?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    sasha @sasha

I am going to make some trousers for my 4 year old son. His measurements are waist= 19 1/4 i nch, hip= 20 1/4 inch and he is 39 1/2 inches tall. Does anyone have any advice on which size to make? I think size 4 would have too much room.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

My daughter’s measurements are similar– I usually make her a size 2 width with size 4 length.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Lenght of a 3t or 4, the 3t length may be Ok as I think this pattern may run long, but a few extra inches in length will make it last longer. I would make either a 2t or 18-24m width. Good luck they look like they will be a great sew.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have just finished a pair of these trousers for my son who is 8. I made then 10 as this is what he is wearing in the other patterns. I found that they aren’t as relaxed a fit as they seem on the little model. I might have to try the 12 next time. Are they supposed to be more of a straight leg?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I am making size 4T for my kid, who has a little bigger waist, and so far they are looking a little roomy. I agree with above, a 2 or 3 with added length. Can you wrap a length of measuring tape the size of the finished waist band on your kid and see how it looks?

LINK
    sasha @sasha

I think I will try a 2 and see how those fit. Thanks for all your help!

LINK
    cosette23 @cosette23

My 6yo is a skinny stick! He measures 3T at his chest and hips, and 18-24M at his waist, but still 6 for height. I ‘m going to try the Field Trip tee in a 6 and if that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll have to lengthen a 3T. AH!!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would lengthen rather than make a straight size 6. I have lengthened the 3t to size 6 length and it works beautifully. Please ignore it the pink and purple 🙂 It fits through the shoulders and upper body and is a nice length.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73669617@N07/9203886071/

She measures 3t chest and hip but on the upper end of size 5 height and grows up quickly! I have also made her the cargos In 3t with 4 length which was her out seam measurement but in a couple of months she has been wearing them they are nearly to short, I’m glad I added a 4″ growth cuff! There is still a LOT of room in the waist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.