Oliver + S

What did I do wrong/miss in the instructions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    ducktape74 @ducktape74

I just made the first of two version of the library dress I have planned. It turned out okay except for:

When was I supposed to close the end of the collar? I couldn’t find it in the instructions, and ended up sewing it closed before I sewed the facing on. It’s finished, but could look better.

(This was originally two questions, but darned if I didn’t figure out the second one as I was typing it.)

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Which end? The end in the back by the zipper gets sewn shut at the same time the rest of the collar is sewn together. The front/bottom end gets sewn into the waist band.

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Sorry, I should’ve said “the end in the back by the buttons”. I forgot that the pattern is for buttons, I changed the ones I made to zippers.

LINK
    ducktape74 @ducktape74

The back end – for the life of me I don’t remember seeing that in the directions, but now I know for next time.

Thankfully I already have the fabric for the next one; this one will be too small within a week!

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Don’t feel bad, if I remember correctly, I did the same thing when I made his dress too. Live and learn! 🙂

Jane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.