Oliver + S

Welt pocket

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Well- this ma be another glutton for punishment request but I would love to have a pattern that you wrote with a welt pocket (boys dress pants, sport coat, etc)…right now I am putting one in the back of L’s pants for his concert and somehow ended up with a 1/4 inch crooked welt piece even tho I was extremely careful. Of course my pattern has virtually no directions….but even with that I usually don’t make such large errors, I know it will destroy the fabric to take out so many seams. I find myself faced with many welt pockets having all these boys and my hubby to sew for, I would love to see your take on it someday! Katja

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Here is a suggestion to read: (This is from the author of a Threads magazine article)

http://gorgeousthings.blogspot.com/2007/02/not-so-instant-replay-welt-pockets.html

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Thanks, that was a great tutorial, I will have to try it with my pants pattern that has a single large welt rather than two smaller ones. It’s bookmarked for next time!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.