Oliver + S

Web site card to hand out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Like many of you, I an regularly stopped and asked “Where did you get your childrens clothes?’ I then explain about Oliver+s patterns and usually scribble down the website.

My family is off on a holiday in a months time and I sewing lots of new clothes out of the o+s patterns. I know the question will arise (not out of vanity, who can resist these clothes?) , and I would love to be ready with a little card with the site in nice font and perhaps a graphic or two.

Am I getting a little carried away, or does anyone else like this idea?

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

I know I have mentioned the site a large number of times in response to questions – that would be very handy!

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

Great idea. I’m amazed by how many of my friends who sew have not heard of O+S. I think they must limit themselves to the pattern books you find at fabric stores.

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

what about using the free offers from vistaprint for business cards? just to have the main 0+S website address on it. no art (copyrights) and no colors so the cards would be free. and they have some nice classic type styles so the card could look classy with only the web address featured.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Well, aren’t you sweet to want to promote us!?! What if I made a pdf that could be printed on cardstock? You could cut it up into business card sized pieces to take along. I’ll be happy to provide if you really want them!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Liesl, that would be perfect!

With 5 children , we are rather like a walking fashion parade !

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

OK, here’s a link to a PDF file that contains a number of cards with the company name, logo, and website address. Simply print a page out onto cardstock, trim using the crop marks, and you have a number of cards to hand out to people who ask:

Click to access Card.pdf

And thanks, again, all of you who have expressed interest in doing this. I can’t thank you enough!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Perfect Liesl !, I have printed mine on some photo paper that was not up to snuff for photos, they look great.

No need for thanks , this site brings a lot of pleasure to my very busy life. Nicole

LINK
    Anonymous @

That is great, Liesl! I’ll definitely have to print out a sheet of these. I know that I had always stuck to just the pattern books in the big fabric stores – which is why I never wanted to sew much in the way of clothes! They hurt my head trying to figure out the instructions. I’ll be happy to share the info on your patterns with those who are interested.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Ooh they look great – that will be much easier than going through my “its like olive with rands on the end” speech!

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Took my daughter to her YMCA class and got a lot of compliments on the baby’s Sailboat top. Wound up telling four other moms about Oliver + S. I’d read this thread before but didn’t expect to experience this myself, as such a novice. Made me very proud!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Well Done Sarvi, it is a buzz isn’t it !

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Ooooooh! thank you for the card template, Liesl! Before we ‘met’ I chose similar colors for my business cards… these will compliment each other (tee hee! I love when things work out this way–it’s a SIGN)! And, motherof5, thank you for the suggestion for the photo paper. Very nice touch.

Nancy

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My pleasure Nancy,

Nicole

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.