Oliver + S

Wearing back to front?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    The Orla Project @The Orla Project

I’ve made the playtime tunic and I love the shape. I’m wondering if there would be any fit or fall problems if it was worn back to front, with the buttons down the front, so they don’t dig in when baby falls asleep in the pram? Thanks (ps haven’t hemmed it yet as I’m going to do another measure before Christmas)

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by The Orla Project. Reason: Fix photo size
    Attachments:
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I know a number of the kids I sew for often end up wearing clothes I’ve made them back to front and it dose not seem to bother them. But I have not made this dress/tunic.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

My eldest preferred hers with buttons at the front.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Rather than wearing it back to front, I’d move the closure to the front.
    The front neckline will be a bit lower than the back, and in some patterns the armhole I shaped differently.
    Add the placket allowances to the front bodice and remove them from the back. Cut two of the front bodice and cut the back bodice on the fold.
    Hope that helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.