Oliver + S

walking foot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Hi,

Can someone cleverer than me have a look at this and see if it is the right thing for sewing the school days????!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JANOME-WALKING-FOOT-EVEN-FEED-TOP-LOADING-MACHINE-/350394045659?pt=UK_CraftsCollect_SewingMachines_RL&hash=item51951cd4db

Thank you – I have had a few people looking blankly at me when I’ve asked in sewing shops.

Robyn

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

If that one is appropriate to your machine, then I would say yes!

Good luck! I just finished a school day’s rain coat and I love how it turned out and I feel so skilled for completing a jacket!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Thank you craftalittle. I’ve ordered it and asked the seller to make sure it’s okay for my machine.

I now have the wool and the toggles. I just need to buy and decide about the lining. And find a job for the twins to pay for their coats. Maybe they can get two tills next to each other at the local supermarket?

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Yes Robyn this is the one I have used for all my coats as I have a new (low end) Janome. I have heard of it as a “walking” foot but Janome call it an “even feed” which is probably more accurate. I use this for most of my normal sewing these days – it stops fabric slipping and really grips when you are sewing close to the edge. You can even do zigzag with it for your edges which took me a while to figure out, so you don’t have to change the foot off to do that bit. It is noisier though! I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how forgiving wool is – what might be a pucker in quilting cotton just smoothed out with the wool melton I used as there seems to be more flex with all that fluffiness.

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

That’s the same walking foot I have. You will love it!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Fantastic. Thank you! It’s amazing how exciting the idea of a new foot is!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.