Oliver + S

Waistbands w/ elastic & drawstring

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    leandre @leandre

I have made two pairs of Sandbox pants and both times the waist was much too large for my kiddos. I’m trying to figure out what adjustment I need to make to the length or the elastic and/or drawstring to make them even more “cinch-able.” For both pairs, I tacked the elastic down further to the front of the pants than the pattern indicated, but that isn’t making the waist small enough.

If I untack and move the tack further forward, the elastic will actually come out the hole and be visible.

Is the solution to use less elastic so that the drawstring starts further back in the pant?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I think one possible fix would be to shorten your elastic and still tack it at the sides, as indicated in the pattern. This would make it tighter in the back and hopefully a better fit on the kiddos.

I hope I’ve understood and that this helps. Maybe someone with more ‘fitting’ experience will chime in as well.

Good luck!

LINK
    leandre @leandre

Thanks, Maraya.

I also wasn’t sure if I should tack at the exact point where the elastic and the drawstring meet inside (wherever I place that on the pant), or if there was any benefit to having some elastic to the front of the tack.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Yes, tack the spot where the elastic and drawstring are joined to each side seam. If you shorten the elastic this should make it tighter in the back and around their little waists. Hope I’m being clear and helpful!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.