Oliver + S

waistband help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    coastalmama @coastalmama

hi there

Im confused about the waistband pattern pieces for these pants.

The pattern calls for 1 waistband facing cut on fold,when i follow through with the pattern steps i end up with a very narrow waist band perhaps 1/2 inch.

If i fold the waist band right over then it sits right down on the wrong side and i have know actual waist band on the right side.

Its like the pattern piece for the waist band is missing,or the pattern piece supplied needs to be twice as thick or maybe its me that’s a little thick i just cant seem to work it out.

I have made my own solution but I would like execute the pattern as intended

thanks for you time

Emily

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have not made this pattern yet but is sounds as if there should be two pieces cut out for the waist band perhaps?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

You’re correct when you say thete’s no actual waistband on the right side.

The waistband facing is sewn to the top of the pants as described in the instructions then pressed to the inside. Thus the top of the pants is made by the seam of the pants piece and rhe waistband facing.

I hope that helps. On my phone so can’t link to a picture easily but if you search the Flickr pool for Field Trip Oants you’re bound to find a close up. We all get mighty proud of all that topstitching you see.

Good luck, they’re absolutely worth it.

LINK
    coastalmama @coastalmama

Got it totally forgot about the Flickr pool, thank you. i haven’t been adding the belt loops as my boy wont wear belts but design wise i think they definitely help pull the pants together.

Emily

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

The topstitching on the front to catch the waistband facing inside give it a lovely look. I’ve made 2 pairs and am on my 3rd with at least one or more in the near future. I love this pattern, it’s been vying for top favrouite with the tea party dress 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.