Oliver + S

Voile?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

I’m choosing fabric for a few things . . . oh utter happiness!!!!

I’d love to use some voile, but I’ve not sewn with it before. Would it be too soft for this pattern?

I’m planning on making this for Autumn/Winter and layering it over a long sleeve t-shirt and tights. Dreadful idea?

Should I just wait until next spring????

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Oh and would kill to know what the next patterns will be!!!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would wonder if it was a little soft to hold nice pleats, all you can do is try !

When are the patterns due out? It must be soon!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Well, I am worryingly obsessed. Last night I dreamt that I was in the Oliver and S studio talking about lining a skirt – it turned out the Oliver and S studio was shared with a new york gangster scary club. The other half was full of poll dancers and gangsters having lap dances. Liesl seemed completely fine about it. I had quite an interesting chat about the sail boat skirt!!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Did you have cheese for supper?

Are you pregnant, sounds like a hormone dream to me!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

No def NOT pregnant!

We’ve been watching the box set of Weeds. Probably explains the drug dealer element!

I’ve been having a lot of weird dreams lately. This was a good one!

We’re about to start work pulling our house apart and I think it might be unsettling me a bit.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That makes sense, still that is a good one!

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Hi Robyn

I have just purchased some divine voile for summer frocks – so lovely. But I’m thinking it might not go so well with the Birthday Party dress which is all about the structure and the pleat and how much like a well behaved child from another era your (in reality very poorly behaved) little girl looks. I used something quite similar to a voile for the 2+2 blouse in a short sleeve and that worked very well and I would have thought some of the more flowing dresses like the swingset tunic might work nicely too.

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

I think it would be possible but you wouldn’t get the crisp look normally associated with the birthday party dress (it would help if you sewed in the pleats though).

A while back Liesl showcased a birthday party dress on her blog made from double gauze. That’s even softer than voile and it was a successful dress. The post is here: http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2009/07/double-gauze.html

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Thanks everyone. I think I’ll leave the voile for now and stick with some lovely cotton. Now, I’m off to bed and hoping for a quiet night. No twins waking up. No dreams about the O and S lap dancing club!!!!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Just in case anyone is wondering, I am here in the Oliver + S studio right now and there are neither scary gangster men nor pole dancers here with me. Believe me, it would be a much more interesting place if there were. But there aren’t.

Thanks for sharing the dream littlebirdy. We had a good laugh over it. Here’s to hoping that tonight’s dreams are a less surreal for you!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Tee hee. All dull last night! Just a little girl with a bad cough. Quite disappointing really!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.