Oliver + S

Very confused: steps 7 & 8 of Sleepover pajama pants!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Oh, please do help me figure this out. I’m trying to do step 7 of the pajama pants, which reads:

“Pin the right side of the cuff facing (cuff without the folded edge) to the wrong side of the pants leg…”

I can not figure out how to actually do this.

next, after pressing the seam, you

pin the folded edge of the cuff so it covers the stitching line and seam allowances and edgestitch the edge to finish.”

Again, cannot picture this or figure it out.

Apparently, there’s more difference between a 1 scissors pattern and a 2 than I thought…this is complicated!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Don’t worry, you are not the first!

I have a photo somewhere, I will be back 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Out side view

Do these help?

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I hate to say it, but … not quite! (though huge thanks for the quick reply!!)

How do you attach the cuff & cuff facing pieces to the leg of the pjs? I can see how to sew it if it were right side to right side, but right side of the cuff facing is supposed to attache to the wrong side of the pants leg. I don’t see how those would line up, without leaving a raw edge of the pants.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

You are only attaching one edge of the cuff to the bottom of the pants. you then fold up the other edge so that it covers the stitching line and sandwiches the raw edges between the two pieces of the cuff. Not sure if this helps, keep asking 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

What Heidi said!

Or maybe this may help? http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/01/bedtime-story-pjs-for-big-bottom.html

Different pattern and probably the reverse method but it should give you an idea.

Please, please come back if you need to!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

Heidi, thanks for the clarification–I felt really unsure about that raw edge being left.

Nicole, that was just the picture I needed! I get it now. Garment construction is requiring a lot of brain power, to visualize these steps that just don’t make sense until you start to see the end in sight.

I put the pants aside and worked on the top, which is done except for buttonholes. Now I can go back and attach those cuffs to the pants.

Will post a pic in the Flickr group once they’re all done.

thank you all for the help!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Absolute pleasure!

Sorry to be a bit scatty, packing for Hols!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.