Oliver + S

Understitching the bottom panel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Frogers @Frogers

Hello, I can’t believe I’m actually making this adorable dress and everything is going so smoothly… until I got the step 5 of Attaching the dress’s bottom panel (view A) understitching. I just can’t figure out what I’m supposed to do. I think the picture below is throwing me off. Can anyone help clarify this step?

Flo

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m not by my pattern, so hopefully I’ve understood your problem.

Understitching, right?

Ok, with the garment inside out, hold the dress in your left hand and the bottom facing in your right.

Now, the seam allowances from the seam you’ve just sewn attaching the two together need to be pressed to the right (towards the facing)

Now stitch the seam allowances down onto the facing about 1/8″ from the sewn seam.

That’s understitching. It won’t show from the outside as you didn’t include the dress itself in the stitching.

Hope that helps.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

There was a whole series of blog posts for this dress, sorry to not give you the exact one you need but my baby is getting fussy:)

http://badskirt.blogspot.com/search/label/ice%20cream%20social?m=1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.