Oliver + S

Twin Size Travel quilt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I want to make the travel quilt for my nephew who is turning 3 and just got moved into a ‘big boy bed’, but seems silly to make him a quilt thats smaller than a twin size… Has anyone converted this to a twin size? Any ideas/Advice?

thanks!

Alexandra

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

Alexandra, it would probably be simple to add a wide border (or two or more narrower borders) to the outer edges to size it up to a twin. I think it would look really nice with a coloured border as opposed to white, but I’m sure white would work too.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I’ve been wanting to do this myself since S is overdue for a move into a twin-sized bed. My plan is to widen the pattern, so I’ll add to the length of each of the stripes before I cut them. And then I’ll add a few to the top and bottom to make it longer. It might help to make a little diagram so you can mark the measurement of each piece before you start. If you’re nervous about the measurements just cut them a little longer than you think they need to be and you can always trim the extra. I’d leave the center pieces (the color “overlap” the same and not change that. It should work fine!

Who knows when I’ll get to this myself, but when I do I’ll let you know how it goes.

-L

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What a lovely thing to do for your nephew. I was thinking of doing two – one each for my children as they are in need of summer quilts. I’m going to just check the pattern out and use Liesl’s suggestion to see how they go. You never know my “big” nephew and my “little” nephew plus my niece could get one each too should it work out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.