Oliver + S

Tutorial on Felled Shoulder Seams

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I thought some of you might be interested in reading this…

http://off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com/2010/10/tutorial-felled-shoulder-seam-technique.html

LINK
    losabia @losabia

Oohhh. What a nice finish. I’ll have to do some testing on my toddler’s Jump Rope Dress (about to get underway!) to see how bulky it would be in those teeny tiny armholes, but it looks perfect for side/sleeve-seam-last construction.

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

This was really interesting and I’m keen to give it a go.

But my question for you more experience sewers is: would this method of finishing off the sleeve seam create too much bulk when sewing up the side seam and sleeve seam in one go (as you do with the sketchbook, music class and jump rope patterns).

Am I making sense? I usually clip or trim under the arm so it sits nicely, but i don’t think I’d be able to do that using this method.

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

This is awesome! A beautiful finish. I definitely needed reminding about this! Will try soon.

Claireabel, I enclosed the armscye seams on Play Date with bias strips made from the same fabric as the ‘bib’ and there isn’t too much bulk. I did it after I sewed everything in one go… Not sure about the answer to your question about how felled finish will behave until I try it… might do a ‘muslin’ version first, just to see.

xoxo, Nancy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.