Oliver + S

Turning the sailboat pants into shorts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Anyone do this, yet? My daughter is headed off to church camp in 2 weeks, and we got the packing list last Sunday at church. The dress code says fingertip length shorts.

I’m heartbroken. I was making her a couple of puppet show bloomers to go with her jean shorts. Now, I have to switch gears because she now needs FIVE pairs of shorts. She’s a size 3t waist and hips, but size 6 in hight, so EVERYTHING is on the short side.

Ugh.

Okay, crying over.

Sailboat shorts? Any tips? Ideas?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made those for my baby,I just folded the leg back and left off the cigarette split(I made them in stretch drill).

They look very cute.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have wanted to girly up the Sketchbook shorts too,by stitching in crease lines,making a ‘paper bag’ waist band and perhaps adding a cuff?

Or adding a band to the bottom leg(perhaps gathering it first) add some belt carriers and thread a sash through and tie with a bow?

LINK

I don’t have the sketchbook pattern-yet (blushes).

I wonder what a short ruffle around the bottom of the legs would look like in denim? Or if I cuffed them?

This scrawnyness is ridiculous!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I thought you made a Sketchbook shirt for your son?

I must be mixing up my Jennys……

LINK

Oh snap! I do have that pattern! I was thinking of Nature Walk. This is what happens when you alter 19 bridesmaid dresses and 3 wedding gowns in 5 days. I think I brain is still wrapped in tulle.

Sashed cuffs sound fun; I have some olive green twill that would be delicious girly-fied with a sateen ribbon and carved mock-jet buttons.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.