Oliver + S

trouble with the waistband on skirt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    ali8780 @ali8780

Hello!

I am sewing the A-line skirt and having a bit of trouble with the waistband. I’m pinning it to the skirt and it isn’t long enough to pin evenly across the skirt. The front part fits between the two notches, but there’s about an inch and a half of extra skirt in the back, is this how it is supposed to be or did I do something wrong?

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

I think I had this issue initially until I realized I wasn’t aligning the notches up as indicated. Can you start with the center front and then see where the notches end up meeting?

LINK
    ali8780 @ali8780

well, what I did was line up the seams in the back like the instructions told me to, and then I lined up the notches on the sides to the side seams. That gave me a perfectly flat front and a back with all of the excess that I mentioned…

Is there another way to line it up? I can’t imagine how…

nothing like this has ever happened to me, and I’ve double checked that I cut the patterns correctly too.

I suppose the only way to fix it would be to measure the waist and cut another waistband piece to fit?

LINK
    ali8780 @ali8780

ok, I just re-aligned it from the center front and the same thing happened–side seams match up to the notches and back has the problems…

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

OH! It just dawned on me! There might be an additional errata piece inside your pattern. If not, you can make the necessary adjustment by following this link: http://www.oliverands.com/patterns/skirts/errata/patterns5.phtml

I try to remember to check the errata page for each pattern – sometimes I forget, and more often than not the little touch-ups are so minor it’s an easy fix.

LINK
    ali8780 @ali8780

oh–Ok! I totally overlooked the errata page! What a relief! I thought I was losing my ability to construct clothing 😉

Thank you so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.