Oliver + S

Trouble attaching the skirt to the bodice on the Tea Party Sundress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Lavonne @Lavonne

I had trouble on the Tea Party Sundress – attaching the bodice to the skirt. Do you think it would be easier to attach the bias trim to the skirt and then fit on the bodice?

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

When I made it I basted the trim on to the bodice and then attached the skirt. It is a tricky curve to maneuver and not a quick technique to be sure. I hope that helps?

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Ditto Karen… it’s a tricky curve and you must go slow – I like to pin the center points and side seams first then slowly pin and work my way to those points.

And, yes, baste your bias first, then go back and attach.

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

I found that when I sewed the bodice to the skirt, there was a bubble in the center skirt because the skirt piece was too curved. On the other side, I trimmed the curve and it was easier to sew and laid flatter. I’ll be trimming it every time I make it from now on.

I’m also going to adjust the leg opening curves of the panty so I can just turn it under to hem. Maybe I’m lazy, but I don’t think the bias tape is worth the trouble on panties!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.