Oliver + S

The ultimate pattern-buster project

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

The ‘What It Says On the Tin’ project! Yeah, I couldn’t think of a good name for it. Ever since I got the Puppet Show pattern, waaaaaaaaaaay back in olden tymes, I wanted to photograph my kid wearing it to a puppet show. To this puppet show, in fact, the creepy/wonderful Bob Baker Marionette show:

http://www.bobbakermarionettes.com/

Blowing bubbles in the Bubble Dress. Having a tea party in the Tea Party, and so on.

1. Yes, I am aware that this could take years and I’d never finish.

2. Yes, I am aware that my kid is going to size out of the earliest patterns any day now.

3. Yes, I am aware that my current fever for sewing will wane, but hopefully it will wax again?

What do you think? Ludicrous? Best done with a group (as a clever friend suggested!) so no single person has to do them all alone? Or maybe kind of cute and possible if I don’t put any kind of time limit on it?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You are on Baby-Baby!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Maybe I need the swing set, that sounds easiest! Great idea.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Completely mental but sounds fun. Bit tough for those with young kids to have to wait 5 years to photograph their School Days Coat though!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Oh so clever and what fun! I still have time for this right?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Well, I thought about that, McStitch — my kid can’t take a school photo in the School Photo because of the uniform/dress code, so I am going to have to fake it. I am actually kind of looking forward to trying to emulate that cheesy school photo style with the 1970’s background and super fake smile.

Where it gets tough is if all your kids have already outgrown the largest size of the early patterns. Hopefully those who only have older kids at home will have school chums with younger siblings? or cousins?

LINK

You can always go to the school after hours for the photos 🙂

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I think this is a charming idea, though given my little model I think the only one I could manage is the sleepover PJ pattern, pending the development of ‘toddler mayhem’ design…

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Brilliant Dubhels! If I sew more sleepover pyjamas I have the perfect excuse for sending the kids away for the night with anyone who’ll take them!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hehe, pretty sure our sleepover is going to involve such notables as Paddington and Brobee. Tell me more about this ‘toddler mayhem’, though?

LINK

The library dress at the library would be so cute though!

LINK
    Greenpip @Greenpip

This is a great idea. I’ve made a seashore dress in Cloud 9 sandpiper for our beach holiday in a few weeks just because I wanted to see those little pockets being used for seashells.

The one that stumps me is the Secret Agent trench. A photo shoot for a clandestine meeting at the Capitol building like in the movies? Not sure in an Australian context. I don’t think you need a trench coat to tap phones.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, please post a photo! I just recently finally found some more of the Sandpiper and have been trying to think of the best way to use it.

I could see the Secret Agent in a kind of Harriet the Spy context, maybe?

Picture the library dress with a little cardigan and some mary janes, adorable!

LINK

The library dress will have to wait until I get the pattern! And it may be a while yet. Someone else might want to do it sooner. 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, I’m inspired! And since you clearly love a challenge, I may consider re-naming the spring patterns. It’s not too late! The Hang-gliding Dress? Perhaps the Windsurfing Pants and the Parasailing Sundress? Oh yes, I think you’ve taken our patterns to a brand new level here…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.