Oliver + S

The ultimate pattern-buster project

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Ooooh, pants and dress for spring patterns! I had better get saving now! πŸ™‚

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ha! I guess I have to either get really good at Photoshop or hope my kid turns out to be way more athletic than I am.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Well, this project has not gotten off to the roaring start I’d imagined.

I was super excited to photograph her wearing the Puppet Show at this fantastic, funky old puppet theater that’s an institution in our city — but didn’t realize that if she is sitting directly in front of me (the kids all sit on the edge of the carpet, which is the stage, so puppets can come up and chat with them) then I can really only photograph the back of her head.

Then we went out for Sunday Brunch the next day, and in choosing a spot I forgot to factor in lighting — it was so dark I couldn’t get a single decent photo.

At least we had a Playdate scheduled for mid-week, right? Nope, her friend was out of school all week and a call to her mom confirmed that she was sick.

Almost grimly, we went back out to brunch. It was Saturday. My morals were slipping, at this point. And as I lined up a *gorgeous* shot — my camera battery died.

Sigh.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Just an update to this thread. Now that my kid is actually 5, it feels extremely urgent to get this project moving. I have made and photographed the Sunday Brunch, Puppet Show, and Playdate, as mentioned above, plus the Jump Rope, Sleep Over, Sea Shore, Music Box, Sketchbook, and School Days — both rain coat and duffle versions. I’m trying to focus on the 5-max early patterns in a “Sew It Before She Outgrow(s) It” spirt. This is probably the hardest it’s been for me to not share public photos, but I’m sticking with it. Anybody else taken a whack at it, or care to try?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Getting a picture of the Hide and Seek dress will be tricky! πŸ™‚

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m glad there’s no Invisibility Cloak pattern!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

hahahaha, too funny Shelley!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Oh, now I want the pattern for an invisibility cloak!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.