Oliver + S

The size 5 project

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sarvi, I don’t know any one as modest as you!

Swing Set in the larger size would be lovely!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Even though I only own 2 of the early patterns Teaparty and Puppet Show you guys are making me want the Swing Set too!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The swingset is lovely but I think I would be more inclined to team the top with the shorts for a very young baby and leave the skirt for a walker – but then I could totally contradict myself by making a tiny version for a wee one – and then it would be a perfect excuse to include frilly knockers in the ensemble!

I would love it should said pattern and puppet show be upsized. They lend themselves very well to children above size 5.

So I say go for it Heidi!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

….since it’s (supposedly) spring/summer here, & also KCW, I’ve started this: I traced off the Bubble, the Swingset and the Tea Party on the weekend, cut the Bubble and the Tea Party, and have now sewn up the Tea Party 🙂 – this is definitely a bittersweet project, but one that I am excited about

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Aww, hugs to you. You’re quick, too!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

is anyone still going on this? I am thinking of making a Puppet Show upsized to a 5-6 for a new fall/winter dress if that counts…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi Reeni! I’m so sorry, I got busy and dropped the ball on this one. Thanks for the reminder. An upsized Puppet Show absolutely counts! Where in our sewing lists are we all at the moment? What would be the best way to organize it?

How does this sound — since there’s a lot of interest in the Puppet Show, would some like to host a sew-along for that one as the first one we tackle? We could start it in a week or two to give folks working on the School Days coat a chance to finish up. Here’s the list again:

Puppet Show: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS002PS.html

Bubble: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS003BB.html

Tea Party: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS001TP.html

Swing Set: http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns/OLV-OS004SS.html

If anybody’s ready to go and doesn’t mind taking the time to take photos and write it up, please volunteer! I’m leaving town for a week pretty soon and am scrambling to get organized, but I’d love to get dibs on the Tea Party, it’s my most emotionally-loaded pattern.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I will

Do swing set if no one else wants it

LINK
    runciblespoon @runciblespoon

I’d love to do the Bubble dress, Sarvi – it was my first ever O+S in the smallest size, and I can’t quite believe it’s already time to make the 5T.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yay, thank you so much, ladies!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I could do the Puppet Show if no one else wants to, I have been meaning to make that one again.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Awesome, thank you! I’ll be following along with you, I want to make that set as well for photos for Christmas cards.

LINK
    Rachel Le Grand @nestfullofeggs

I am late in joining this discussion, but whenever you’d like to get this started on the blog, let me know. Let’s plan with Brittney starting with the Puppet Show Shorts. Does that sound good?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’ll let Brittney speak for herself, but yes, I think we’re all close to ready. I’ll trace off the Tea Party so I’m ready to go. How are your schedules looking, gals?

LINK
    Frances Suzanne @Frances Suzanne

To say we are excited about this project would be a MAJOR understatement!! Our oldest niece has just entered the size 4…and we are already discussing those sweet patterns that don’t go past a 5. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ladies for “stretching” the pattern usage a little further for us. We will definitely be following along, and saving for later!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.