Oliver + S

The Jerk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Will there ever come a time when I don’t make completely idiotic mistakes when sewing? Putting together a hopscotch skirt last night I made not one, but TWO completely bonehead mistakes. The most egregious was that I sewed the front panels to the wrong side of the back panel. BOTH of them. I was using corduroy… how do you accidentally sew on the wrong side of corduroy?!

I guess I’d just like some assurance that those more experienced than me still spend lots of time with their seam rippers. 🙂

LINK
    TriMama @TriMama

I’ve been sewing on and off since I was a child and I still make lots of dumb mistakes. In the past week I’ve been trying to finish the quilted lining for a School Days coat. The first time I put the binding on around the outside edge I a) generally did a crappy job on my sewing and b) forgot to put on the little elastic pieces that attach the lining to the coat.

After ripping off all the binding I sewed it back on again, being very carfull to make it look nice. I later realized I again forgot to put the elastic pieces on. Doh!

Don’t beat yourself up about it. We all make mistakes like that.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Pants are my nemesis! Ever since home ec in 7th grade, I have to consciously think which parts go together. You’d think by now with as many pairs of pants I’ve sewn I wouldn’t have to but not that long ago I did it wrong AGAIN!:)

It happens.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.