Oliver + S

Teaparty vs Seashore for Girls' Jumper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Elizabeth White @elizarose31

Hi, I’ve just started sewing with Oliver + S and need some pattern advice! I’d like to make a denim pinafore (I think it’s called a jumper in the US?) for my 3 year old daughter and I’m wondering whether the Tea Party sundress or the Seashore sundress would work for this. She had something similar from Gap last winter (see pic) and wore it ALL the time with a long-sleeved t-shirt and tights underneath. Do you think either of these patterns would work OK in a lightweight denim?

Attachments:
    LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I think both of them would work in lightweight denim! It’s really going to be a matter of which one you prefer. When I first designed the Tea Party Sundress for S she wore it layered in the winter as well. Can’t wait to see how it turns out for you!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Hello Eliza, either of these lovely patterns work beautifully as a ‘jumper’. My experience is that the Seashore is a slightly narrower fitting than the Tea Party – especially when worn over a top. The pockets in the Seashore are a lovely way of adding some colour without creating problems for the colours of the tops you have. Certainly the design of both patterns lends itself splendidly to a solid colour fabric – less matching hassles. Good luck.

LINK
    cygne2 @cygne2

Not to complicate matters, but I just made the Music Box jumper–the single-pleat version in a fine-wale corduroy, so I know it works well in a heavier fabric. Of course either the Tea Party or the Seashore would be lovely too. The Music Box buttons/snaps down the back if that appeals.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.