Oliver + S

Tea Party bloomers leg elastic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

I’m making Tea Party bloomers and need some measurements for the elastic at the legs. The pattern says adjust the length to fit the child’s leg but, alas, I don’t have a child to measure. I would love suggested measurements for any/all sizes but the ones I need most are 12-18 months. Thank you!

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

I’m back with the same question, just smaller… today it is for 3-6 months. Just some ballpark numbers would be very helpful. Thanks!!! Nancy

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

This is tough, because they vary so much. My baby is wearing them in 12-18 months now and Her thigh measured 11″ last month, but she has seriously chunky scrumptious little legs. Once they start walking, legs slim down a little. So if your 18month sized baby is actually close to 18months and toddling, it coud be smaller. I cut the elastic large so it’s a little loose and she has room to grow. She doesn’t like stuff tight round her legs. HTH

LINK
    catherinel @catherinel

I was making custom garments for a shop in Houston for a while, and here are the measurements I used for the finished piece of elastic (in inches):

3 mos 7.75

6 mos 8.5

12 mos 9.5

18 mos 10

2T 11

3T 12

4T 12

This was for bloomers or a bubble that fit snugly around the leg, so it wouldn’t sag down and just look like gathers.

Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.