Oliver + S

Sway back adjustment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Amy MacKay @AmyBeth

I am trying the bistro dress shift dress modification (the sidewalk cafe dress?). I’m doing a muslin and am pretty happy with the fit in the front, but struggling with fabric bunching in the back. The blog post mentions a sway back adjustment and I trying but not gerting it right. Can anyone point me to more information or a good tutorial? I am new to sewing dor myself and this is my first Liesl and Co pattern and muslin (although I’ve sewn a lot of O&S for my daughters).

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Do you have the Fit for Real People book? There are quite a few pages dedicated to sway back in the book. To be honest, I usually just pin the back curve more: darts, side seam, back seam, whatever it takes to get a nice shape. My sway back is pretty extreme, and I don’t always fit everything to entirely because it’s so pronounced. I feel like my clothes look better if I let them skim the back a bit, if that makes sense. I hope that helps?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.