Oliver + S

Sunny Days Shorts, How well do they fit?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, good point! Since it’s a free pattern, for once there shouldn’t be that problem of living in a different city than the kid you’re sewing for … Mom can print out, say, just the waistband bit and see if will fit around the widest spot. Nifty!

LINK
    hillarysews @hillarysews

I made my daughter her usual Oliver + S size. I felt like the measurements in the chart did not let me down. I was able to guess how they would fit by comparing the extended waist measurement listed to her actual waist measurement (where she wears her shorts on her waist). My daughter loves them and so do I!

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

So sorry about this, but after looking into it we’ve determined the finished measurement listed for the extended waist was slightly smaller than it actually is.

We’ve corrected the chart now (this is just a change to the finished measurement chart, not a change to any pattern pieces) and posted an updated version. If you want the updated one, delete your current copy and download a fresh one.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah, thanks for the clarification! It seemed odd that people would have such different experiences.

PS — I’ve added a photo to flickr of side by side shorts — store bought and Sunny Days, both size 4s. Hopefully a photo will be worth a thousand words 🙂

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Question about measuring: what is the extended waist measurement? I mean, where on my toddler’s torso should I measure her to know which of the sizes’ finished measurements would fit her? At her bellybutton? I’m used to patterns that have a chart for the child’s body measurements, not just a chart of finished measurements, so before I cut out her size I want to be sure I chose the correct one. Thanks! 🙂 I think this will be a great pattern (bc the legs are longer than toddler RTW shorts I’ve purchased in the past) as it will hide her diaper in the crotch area. And it seems like such an easy pattern that I will be able to whip up a whole dresser-ful in no time.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks Todd, that’s what I was trying to ask!

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Vothgirl, I think the extended waist is without elastic. You will be tightening from that measurement when you insert elastic.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Maggie, thanks so much! Extended waist is a new term for me, so I really appreciate you explaining it to me :-).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.