Oliver + S

Struggling with the polo collar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Victoria Crosher @victoria63

Wondering if anyone can help. I’m about to put the collar on but it isn’t long enough to go round the top of the shirt and meet at the front. I’ve checked my pattern pieces and I’ve cut out all the right size although its like the back piece is too wide at the top. Disappointed because I was so proud to have done the placket!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Victoria, have you seen the errata note for this pattern?
    If you go the pattern in the shop then you’ll see the tabs for details, photos, reviews etc There’s a tab for errata.
    I’ve seen this shirt a few times and found it works fine, but when the pattern first came out there were a number of people who experienced difficulty fitting the collar to the shirt.
    In that errata note Liesl gives tips for fitting the collar, but also a cutting note if you haven’t already cut your fabric.
    Let me know and maybe add some pictures to your query if you still stuck.
    Good luck.

LINK
    Victoria Crosher @victoria63

Hello Lightning

Yet again you have saved the day – you helped me a few months ago as well (with the sleepover pyjamas). You can see that I too am keen on Oliver + S patterns. I’ve been to the errata as you suggested. I think I will try and slightly ‘gather’ the top back – or perhaps put a small dart in – I’m only doing the 6 months size so its harder to ‘lose’ some fabric!

Its my first try with jersey interlock fabric too but if I can get it right its the sort of pattern you would make endlessly. Thank you so much

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.