Oliver + S

Stripes? Checks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Barb @Barb

I have some blue and white striped rayon and also some windowpane check fabric. Would these work with the pattern? Or would matching be a nightmare?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

It would be a challenge, sure. But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth a go!
    Options to make it easier for yourself might include cutting the waist/belt section on the bias (windowpane check) or cross grain (stripe)
    That gives you a bit of a visual break between the bodice and the skirt so your pattern matching across those sections doesn’t have to be millimetre perfect.
    Another option is cutting the bodice on the bias.
    I’m a big fan of stripes and figure there’s always a way if you can be bothered. However it’s definitely more work.
    Here’s the Lisette Butterick faux wrap bodice knit dress in a stripe and I love it!….

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, I agree with Lightning! Checks would be darling. Like this, maybe?

Attachments:
    LINK
    Barb @Barb

Thanks for the input. Some sale fabric in a navy floral may have made its way home with me for a first go at this pattern. I’ll see how that goes and keep anything matching on the back burner for now.

LINK
    Barb @Barb

My check is white with black but this is inspiring me!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

That’s really cute! Very inspiring.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.