Oliver + S

straight stitch society wallet pattern layout question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    mdouglasmeyer @mdouglasmeyer

Who has made the “have it all” wallet? There are no layout instructions in the digital edition for the pattern pieces and I’m wondering which way to fold my main (outside) fabric for those peices? Maybe it doesn’t even matter… but the 1/2 yard indicated just fits the pattern with a crosswise fit, so it makes me wonder if that’s the intended direction; you could purchase less if it was a regular lengthwise fold, it seems.

Thanks for the help!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I haven’t made the pattern yet but I have it. Just looked at the instructions and see no pattern layout guide. I would make the pieces work and adjust your yardage in the future. This is generally how I work with any of Liesl’s patterns.

LINK
    mdouglasmeyer @mdouglasmeyer

thanks for the reply. I got impatient so I went ahead and made it with a cross wise fold because I wanted to be able to save a bigger chunk of fabric for another fabric rather than a long skinny strip. It worked out just fine! It turned out beautifully.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.