Oliver + S

Smocking on Badminton Dress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    catherinel @catherinel

Liesl, I just saw your layout in the latest Sew Beautiful. It’s fabulous! I especially love the smocking on the badminton dress. I can’t believe it’s your first attempt. Smocking is my first sewing love, so I want to do this. Did you add any fullness to the front to accommodate the smocking? On the pattern, the fullness is intended to be evenly distributed across the top, but the smocking concentrates it in the middle few inches. Did you have to make any adjustments for that? It looks great.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Which edition was this Catherine?

LINK
    catherinel @catherinel

It’s issue number 149. The latest one–just got it in the mail yesterday.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh July august issue is out already? Sew beautiful really need to update their site then. I bought the digital copy of 148 thinking this was the issue, hence my need to clarify.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I got mine too! I am wanting to make the smocked outfit form the pattern in the magazine. BUt first I must finish all my other projects!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have to wait until the 2nd July for a digital copy as apparently this is the sale date as per their Facebook page. I let my subscription lapse! Liesl has just blogged about the feature though! Love the orange version of the croquet dress!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, I’m glad you like it! I’ll talk about each of the patterns on the blog over the next few days.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.