Oliver + S

sleeveless or short sleeve sailboat top

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    rbmcgill @rbmcgill

i am still pretty new to sewing (thus, my attempt with the 1 scissor level pattern!). we live in savannah, georgia and it is pretty much always hot or mild at best! i was hoping to omit the sleeves or make the top short sleeves. has anyone done this or can someone give me a little advice?

thanks!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m pretty sure I remember somebody on flickr omitting the sleeves …

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made a short sleeve, as I did not have enough cloth.

Instead of tapering the sleeve I straightened it to allow a neat hem ( where I folded the sleeve pattern)

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

I did the sailboat sleeveless out of knit fabric. For the armholes, I simply cut a strip of orange knit fabric out and sewed it to the armhole with right sides facing. I then turned it under and let a little bit of the orange roll out before top stitching. Luckily with the knit fabric I don’t have to worry about the unfinished edge on the underside unravelling. The only problem I ran into was my topstitching being very close to the buttonholes. Chances are though that I didn’t place them exactly where they were marked on the pattern. I have a tendency to wing it and not follow patterns very closely!:)

Cindy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.