Oliver + S

Sleeve of the Puppet Show Tunic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Elfin @Elfin

I’ve sewn for years and understand the techniques of easing and gathering, but the sleeve for this little top seem HUGE! When I pin the sleeve into the armhole starting at the underarm seam, the ungathered portion goes past the shoulder seam… for both the back and the front! I’ve checked carefully that I have the same size for each piece; but this is WAY more than would be accounted for in this way!! What am I missing here???!!?

Elfin

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

What size are you making? I’ll check the pattern if you can get back to me with this information.

LINK
    Elfin @Elfin

Hi Liesl, I’m working with a size 2. Thanks so much for checking for me!

E.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sorry that took a while.

I just checked the pattern and it measures fine. I wonder, however: does your armhole start at the the skirt or at the bodice? If you’ve accidentally sewn the side seam all the way up to the bodice, that would make the sleeve too big. The shape of the bodice can be misleading and might cause you to think it comprises the entire armhole, but the armhole continues into the skirt. Does that make sense?

LINK
    Elfin @Elfin

Thank you SO much!! It makes perfect sense!! That’s exactly what I did! I was making a muslin of just the top so joined the front and back bodice pieces at the side. Had I been following the instructions from the first, I think I would have caught that. Now I know I will! This is my first experience with your patterns and it’s been wonderful to be able to get questions answered so quickly. I appreciate your help!

Elfin

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Well, that’s a relief! I was worried that you were stuck on an Easter dress with he deadline looming!

Glad it worked out. And I’m thrilled you like the pattern. Please stay in touch and show us how it turns out!

Cheers,

Liesl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.