Oliver + S

Sleeve Experiments

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • LINK
    Vanessa V @nessielou

    When I was looking to make a short sleeve version of this pattern there were no pictures to gauge what it would look like. I thought I’d post some pictures of my recent experiments.

    A few years ago I made the dress for my oldest daughter with no sleeves, using bias binding to finish the edge. This makes a sweet cap sleeve.

    I now have a pale redhead, which isn’t a great combination under the blazing Aussie sun! I made two attempts at a ‘longer’ short sleeve. I measured from her centre-back-neck to wrist and wrist to elbow so I would have an idea where the sleeve hit. I cut the sleeve pattern piece straight across, measuring up from the wrist the length I thought would work. Ultimately however, the sleeve length was dictated by the size of the off-cut I was using!

    The dresses are size 3, the model is size 2.
    From sleeve cap to wrist on the pattern piece:
    Blue bows – approx 2 1/4″ or 6cm.
    Purple birds – approx 4″ or 10cm.
    I then overlocked the ‘wrist’ end and stitched a tiny hem.

    I used light/medium weight knit and denim for these dresses. I staystitched the waist, and used lots and lots of pins!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2020. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.