Oliver + S

sleeve cufs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    sewingmom @sewingmom

I haven’t sewn too much, this is my first project in months! This is my first Oliver & S pattern. Please help! I have the cuff attached to the sleeve but I cant fit it over the arm of my sewing machine. Somehow I didn’t think this through before, I just assumed it would fit. Am I the only one with this issue?

LINK
    ndeporto @ndeporto

Hi sewing mom. On the tiny sleeves sometimes you have to sew on the inside of the cuff while the right side is up without trying to fit it over the arm of the machine especially the little tiny sizes. Hope this helps I think the pattern mentions it in the tips from Liesl.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Here is a picture that Nicole posted on how to sew the tiny arm sleeves. It really does help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/7806907554/in/photostream

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Little sleeve cuffs are a bit pesky like that. The advice above is what you need, but my extra tip is to fix the binding in place with some iron on adhesive bias binding stuff as then you can get it perfectly positioned without any pins. Sewing the inside of a sleeve cuff is tricky enough without getting stabbed by a hundred pins!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Having recently made the Puppet Show in the very wee 0-3m size, I agree with LMS, a bit of fusible web will save you innumerable stabbings.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

And cursing, Sarvi, don’t forget. I’ve managed plenty of that in my day of sewing itty bitty arm bindings…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.