Oliver + S

Skirt pattern layout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Prissy @Prissy

Piece 14 on the skirt layout instructions should be placed upside down for cutting? Just need to make sure before I do anything permanent.

Thank you

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Which size?

I just looked at my small size one, and it is positioned as you would expect– waist at top, hem at bottom.

LINK
    Prissy @Prissy

Thank you for your reply. I don’t mean upside down that way. I mean like tracing side down (wrong side up). Oh yeah, size 3.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

As long as your fabric is facing the right way is the most important thing. I know when I have some small amonts of fabric I lay them out different than the way it is shown to make it work. Just be sure that the fabric is facing the way you want it when done. (top at the top and bottom at the bottom) Hope this helps some.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Gotcha! Yeah, I rarely configure my fabric the way it’s shown. I use it as a guide, but I always try to use as little fabric as humanly possible. As long as the grain is the correct layout (if grain is noted), I never worry about if I cut from wrong side out or right side out. I mean, I try to do it as they say, but sometimes I forget and have my fabrics layered the opposite way the instructions note, and I haven’t had issues yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.