Oliver + S

Sketchbook shirt smaller size help needed for length

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

Ladies,

For those of you who have made the smaller sized shirts, could you please tell me if you think length needs to be added to this shirt? I am asking because I am quickly going to make up some of these shirts for some families down in the south who have suffered loss. I will make short sleeved shirts, so length of sleeve shouldn’t be an issue. I just need length through the body.

I am hoping to cut these out today and start sewing tomorrow and ship them out on Tuesday morning.

Any other things I should look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions,

Carol

LINK
    Noodles @Noodles

Carol,

I have made a size 3 and 4. The shirt is made to hang untucked, and is about the right length for this…. may be a you could add an inch to it. If you want the shirts to tuck in though, then you will indeed need to add length to them, probably 2 inches or so I would say.

The pattern otherwise goes together really easily and looks great!

Good luck. What a lucky family to have you caring for them.

Melissa

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I made the 2t and added one inch for my 2 year old who hangs out in the 50th%ile for height. It was spot on for him. He can tuck it in, but because he is so active it still tends to come out of the pants.

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

Excellent! Thank you very much! I am almost done tracing off the sizes. I appreciate the help.

Carol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.