Oliver + S

Sketchbook shirt dress?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Connie @totter2

Has anyone ever attempted to turn this pattern into a shirt dress for a girl? I made a slightly bigger size for my girl and after she got her shorts wet and took them off, I realized it could be a cute little dress if it was longer. I was thinking of just adding three or four inches in length. Maybe add belt loops and a belt from the jump rope pattern? Anything else to consider?

LINK
    Connie @totter2

Adding pic

Attachments:
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I think it would be a perfect alternative to the jumprope dress if it wasn’t included in the pattern stash. But at the same time it would be perfect as an alternative shirt dress style. In short, go for it!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

it would be cute — I turned the schooldays tunic into a dress and it came out really nice. The only issue dd had with it was that it was straight, skimming the hips and thus too narrow to really run in by knee level. if that might be an issue for your dd, you could either flare the side seams out into an a-line after the “waist,” or maybe add gussets.

LINK
    Connie @totter2

I did it and it turned out great. Could be a tad longer but she is wearing shorts underneath and the little belt works great.
    Thanks for your advice!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Connie.
    Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.