Oliver + S

Sizing Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Ok, I just got the Playdate Pattern and I’m dying to get started. My problem: After measuring my almost 11 month old daughter, I’m at a complete loss as to what size to make her.

Her Chest/hip/height/weight measurements indicate size 6-12 months, her “waist” would indicate size 18-24 months (she has an abdominal wall defect that makes her belly stick out pretty far, and it won’t be corrected with surgery for at least 6 more months).

My other issue, is she has an alien head 🙂 (my husband had one until he was 12 lol) I mean, seriously. When she was 8 months old, it was on par with a 13 month old. I don’t want to make a small size and it not fit her head and belly, and I don’t want to make it SO big that she swims in it. I’m thinking that the 12-18 month size might fit right, since it is a loose, flowing type dress that maybe be more forgiving than others, but wanted to get some opinions before I started, especially from those who may have made this a few times.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I think your instincts are correct. The neck opening for the dress isn’t very large, so you probably would be safest making the larger size. And the style will look fine even if it’s a little large on her.

The pleat and the A-line shape will accommodate her belly, so that won’t be a concern, I think.

If you are still concerned about the neck opening, you could also stitch just the neckline with a slightly larger seam allowance. This will make it a little bigger and shouldn’t affect the fit elsewhere.

I hope it works out! Would love to see a photo when it’s finished.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Oh, Thanks so much Liesl! I’ll do a test run on some spare fabric and see how those adjustments work out!

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.